Friday, January 7, 2011

Urban Decay Loose Pigments

 
Have you ever been on the site Hautelook.com? Well, needless to say.. I love makeup and this site seems to always have my wanna-own makeup every other day, seriously. I've read that a lot of people have a problem with this site, such as not receiving their items or being charged too much or whatever.  I had no problem with the site when I ordered FIVE Urban Decay Loose Pigments for... drum roll please... $15 TOTAL! They're $20 each on UrbanDecay.com, for crying out loud. They took about 2 and a half weeks to get here, which granted that is a long time, but goodness. That price, how could you not?
 CLICK IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEWS!
I bought Protest which is a green color full of glitter (they're all seemingly full of glitter actually.) The texture of it was coarse on my skin, unlike the others which went on smooth like any other shadow. It's a really pretty hunter green and the glitter appears to be mostly silver, and I think I spot a little amber color in there too. Rockstar is a purple, it gets pretty dark if you layer it on enough and the glitter is all sorts of small shimmery colors. Goddess is black, although it comes out with a lot of night blue glitter, the glitter doesn't last long and it's just black. Gunmetal is my favorite one so far. It's a gray with I want to say, mostly green and amber glitter. Baked is the one color I've been lusting after forever. It's a really pretty orange gold especially when applied wet. It is literally gold on top of gold. I can't wait for Summer! My overall opinion on these can be described as the expression"meh" They're okay. They're not awesome and I'm really glad I didn't give in and spend the $20 each. The applicator is the dumbest thing I've ever seen and it just causes the BIGGEST mess. So much fall out, so much glitter and heavy colors.. ANYWAY here's a look I did using 4 of them and an extra color from a Bare Minerals palette my sister bought me for Christmas. 
First I applied my primer, then I went over my lid with Gunmetal, 1st dry and that didn't come on dark enough, so then wet.


Apply Baked in and above the crease and blend blend blend.

Apply Goddess to the out "V" of your eye and about 3/4 of you crease going inward.


I can't express how important BLENDING is when doing make up. Sure anyone can toss some colors on their eyes, but the magic comes with blending and mixing the colors either on or off your face. Blend. Blend. Blend.


Stupid, annoying, messy, etc.

I added a Candy Glitter Liner from NYX in Disco Queen.

Brush and fill in your browns, apply mascara and you're good to go.. that is until you see the rest of your face and realize you haven't done anything else for the past 30 minutes!

I love glitter. This look came out a lot prettier than anticipated, huh?

I contoured my cheeks with Bronze Goddess 01 by Estee Lauder, then pinked up a bit with Pink Kiss which is also Estee Lauder. On my lips is just a nude gloss with Pink Kiss lipgloss by Estee Lauder mixed in for shimmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment