Thursday, January 6, 2011

Estée Lauder Holiday 2010

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGES! 
 
So, this Christmas my boyfriend's sister, also named Ashley, surprised me with a gift! It was this awesome make up case full of nothing other than MAKE UP! 4 lipsticks, 3 liners, 4 brushes (much needed) duo tip lip gloss, 4 shades of blush, 18 eye shadows, and a hefty bottle of make up remover. The case itself is massive, I feel like such a girl carrying it around, but I love it. The brushes came in their own case which zips closed and is a nice size to carry your daily make up supply around in. It also came with a fun little book explaining two different looks which are able to be created using all of this deliciousness.

I attempted one of the Cool and Classic looks from the booklet, but to my dismay the labels on the back of the shadow compact are backwards! I stopped the look once I noticed, but then continued onward with my own idea. 

Before applying my eyeshadow I primed my eye with Lemonaid by Benefit to reduce redness. I then took a fluffy brush and passed the color "Polished Platinum" all over my lid and up to my eyebrow.  After highlighting the brow bone, go over lid with "Ivory Slipper," but keep it below your crease line.

Up next is your outer corner/1st crease color, "Berry Burst" It's a really pretty purple color, this image does it 0 justice.

Blend the Berry Burst back and forth across the crease, but being sure to keep the Ivory Slipper a noticeable gray.

Half way through my looks I usually remember that scotch tape is such a beneficial cosmetic tool. So, if you decide to use tape, just take a small piece and line it up following the curve of your lower lash line. Don't place it straight out toward your ear unless, of course, you want to. I like to keep mine slanted upward for when I get to lining my eye.  At this point I noticed that the crease of my eye wasn't looking quite dark enough so I went back over with the smallest brush that came included in this kit with "Amethyst Spark" It looks a little blue in the palette but it comes out purple, don't worry. 











































































































































I lined my eye with my trusty nameless gel stick from Hot Topic and an angled brush. If you go right over the tape and follow the line of your upper lashes, going from thicker at the outer corner to thinnest at the inner, the tape should come off leaving your liner looking perfect.

Whenever you take the tape off your skin will probably get a little red or have shadow residue around where the edge of the tape was, so just wait a minute for your skin to calm down, then go over it with make up remover.

Curl lashes and apply 2 coats of mascara. Under your eyes take a concealer, Erase Paste by Benefit, and dot small dots in a semi-circle. Using your ring finger rather than your index to blend and pat the concealer up and out will keep your skin from getting lose and causing wrinkles now and in the future. Very important tip to remember!

Next just brush and fill in your eye brows, maybe go over your under eye concealer with a light powder to keep it in place and voila! Your eyes are done.

On my lips is "Plum Divine" the darker gloss included in this set.


On my face I used "pure makeup" by Maybelline in Classic Ivory #2 with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil lightly brushed over. On my cheeks I used 3 of the blushes in this package, "Pink Kiss" "Bronze Goddess 01" and "Nude Rose"      

No comments:

Post a Comment